Zatanna had her first long car ride. My parents, sister, myself and baby Z went to Utah for my Grandma Anderson's funeral. I was very worried since she has never been in the car longer than an hour that I can think of and here I was taking her on one that lasted 22 hours each way. She did wonderfully! We started on the road at 5 am and she decided after getting her out of bed that she wanted to stay awake and stare out the back window...about 2 hours later she was not a happy little girl (I was even a little scared that something was really wrong, unfortunately she has her mommies trait of her face going all blotchy and red when she cries) but once I gave her a bottle she calmed down and went to sleep and that was the extent of her fussiness the whole way there. She would get her angry voice when she was hungry but no major crying that I remember.
When we got there she acquired many fans. Especially my cousin Lacey's son Tyler who would rarely leave her if we were nearby. He is learning facial features so he kept poking her eye to say "eye" I was like "hey" but Z just stared unworried other than the slight blink to shield her eye. Here is a picture of them holding hands while me and my cousin Lacey were talking to each other.
ahhhhh...

She didn't like the crowds during the viewing so we spent most of our time out in the hall but during the funeral she was so good. She only made a few ba ba ba's usually during prayers that went a little long. Other than that she played with the program (I don't know if that is what it is called at a funeral) or her elephant.
Oh i gotta run add more pics later....
No comments:
Post a Comment