Z was not having a great day today. She was very grumpy unless sitting on one of her parents laps and grabbing whatever she wanted to throw around or trying to make my hands clap since she can't quite get her own to do it just yet. She studies mine for a long time which is difficult when I want to move on to something new but she still just wants to clap my hands together. A big part of it was that she needed a good nap but wouldn't take one. We are so lucky she sleeps through the night so during the day I am not going to complain if she wants to be up except when she is clearly tired (rubbing her eyes, weepy and just all around grumptastic) Matter of fact I will be the first to admit many times I will walk in her room to see if she is awake during the weekend because I like exploring the world with her but there are some days a girl jsut needs her sleep and today was one of those days.
This evening we had an engagement party for Zach (bro in law) and his fiance Jessica. I was really excited to go and let everyone see Z and just have a good time. I made this really good fruit salsa (at least I liked it). Well anyway, we got there and she got a little grumpy at first it seemed to just be "where is my mommy" anxiety but soon she was uncontrollably crying to the point where like her mommy she gets hiccupy and shaky. It was horribly sad. We tried to take a walk she would calm down for a second and then start again. Finally, we thought it must be the heat we took her to the car turned on the AC and she was fine a little grumpy for a few seconds but she just sat and watched the AC vents...It was kind of cute. Anywho, Doug took her home since he had already been there cooking for 2 hours before we got there. I stayed until 6:20 and then came home to relieve him of baby duty so he could sleep. When I got home, they were in our bedroom, with the fan on high and she was only in her diaper and just smiling from ear to ear... When Doug got her home he gave her some formula with extra water (she usually doesn't get water but on such a hot day it was necessary) Still my mind worries about all those crazy things water intoxication and whatnot...everyone has to have an issue mine is being in a constant state of worry. Anywho, he also gave her some tylenol just in case and when I got home she was great.
Speaking of tylenol it was cute the other day I accidentally knicked her fingers between the tray and the high chair (that part was sad not cute) anywho, Doug was pretty sad he runs into the kitchen and says we should give her some tylenol....I was like um...it was just a tiny pinch, no bruising or bleeding I think she will be ok without tylenol. It was pretty cute though I thought I was the one that over reacted :)
No comments:
Post a Comment